Tuesday, March 3, 2009

How I Helped an Iraq War Vet

This is an email I received today from an Iraq War vet I worked with just before Christmas 2008. It's nice to be of service to someone who's been of service.



Take a look:

"Hey, Sean. I'm not too entirely sure you remember me, but I had a visit with you just before Christmas. I just want to thank you so very much for everything. I still listen to our session every night just prior to falling asleep, and it totally helps me get in the right frame of mind to leave all of the day's worries and anxieties behind me.

Just recently I made the decision to completely stop taking the meds prescribed to me for sleeping/anxiety/hypervigilance, and I'm not lying when I say that I haven't slept this well in what seems like forever.

Crowds aren't as much of a problem for me, and I actually give other drivers on the road the benefit of the doubt instead of losing my mind!


When I left your office that day, I felt a high and a peace that I believe helped me start a new chapter in my life.


Thank you so much for doing what you do, man."


Taylor Michel, US Army Soldier
Fort Belvoir, VA

No comments: